Disclaimer: the following information is for educational use only. It can’t be considered as professional gambling advice. The author and the editorial team aren’t responsible for any consequences of your gambling activities. Mind the risks and do your own homework.
Do you know which card game is the most famous one overall? Yeah, mean blackjack here, obviously. It’s known from the early 1600s but it remains extremely demanded. Almost all gamblers love it, from whales who want to beat casinos to green newcomers who try their luck. It’s easy to play blackjack because there’s a vast number of different gambling venues across the globe.
Further, we’re going to talk about this title in detail. We will begin with basic things, including the history of the title, its fundamental rules and ways to play, and some advanced facts related to player actions and side bets. Then, we will look at types of offline and online blackjack games, as well as casinos that offer them. Please, note that this guide is focused on free blackjack online offers. However, the basics are valid for all types, including real-money ones.
So, let’s begin!
Blackjack Basics for Beginners
In the beginning, it’s crucial to know game laws. Surely, you can spot them in special texts dedicated to blackjack. But these texts are big and vague. Here, we list only the most essential and common points required to begin playing online blackjack:
- A gambler plays against a dealer, not other gamblers.
- Any game is based on 1 to 8 shuffled decks, each with 52 cards.
- Numeric cards have pip values, face cards worth 10, and ace worth 1 or 11.
- Players and a croupier get two cards and find their combined value.
- Players and a croupier (after all gamblers) can get more, stand or choose actions.
- To win, a gambler should get a higher value than a dealer but not more than 21.
There are dozens of variations for each rule. Say, a croupier can get only one card initially or players can get access to different decisions. Even values and combinations can change! Thus, any online casino can list different versions so be aware of your own needs. Further, we will help you to define more nuances.
The Blackjack History
The card game evolved from another one called 21 or veintiuna in Spanish. It was described by a writer Cervantes who was also a gambler. In one of his novels, the characters were cheats who played veintiuna – a game with the goal to get twenty one point and/or more points than your rival. As the novel was published in 1601 or 1602, we can be sure that 21 was known in Castille in the 17th century.
After reaching the USA, this project got a modern name. Back on the days, casinos tried to engage players and offered them various bonuses. Particularly, there was a ten-to-one prize for hands one black J and A of spades. Even despite the payout was eliminated, the name remained so we can play blackjack. Note that now this term is used for any ace plus ten-worth card in hand regardless of their colors.
Playing Online Blackjack for Free
Because hundreds of distinct blackjack titles exist, this guide mentions common laws only. There are a lot of free offers on gambling websites but almost no such titles in physical casinos. Means, if you’re going to play for free without money, it’s better to look for online versions.
Furthermore, remember that real and free blackjack betting is similar when it comes to general rules. Hence, you can start with demo accounts, train your skills, and then switch to real plays. However, it’s always up to you – paly types you like and be sure to gamble responsibly.
Now, what about ways to play twenty-one? Here’s the simplest algorithm that fit any title in any online casino:
- Choose a game. Explore options available in the chosen casino. Choose a title with familiar rules and favorable odds, i.e. low house edge.
- Place a bet. Use a digital interface to make the first stake choosing among the presented types. Remember that you don’t spend cash on free games.
- Choose an action. Generally, it’s possible to receive a new card, stand with the existing ones, double up by getting a new card and doubling the bet, etc.
- End your turn. Other players will make their bets or a dealer (human in live games or software in video ones) will proceed.
- Find out the results. After the round’s finish, you will see the hand values and reveal your result: win, lose or draw.
Note that some games that allow you to play online blackjack support automated multi-bet options. Use them carefully because you may get addicted easily and waste the entire bankroll quickly.
Bets and Player Decisions
For all who don’t know what’s blackjack insurance or what’s split in blackjack, we’ve designed this paragraph. In the next parts, you will find common terms that every player should know. Even if you want to play without cash, study the list to learn fundamentals. Remember them and you will distinguish various games and approaches.
Well, check the next blackjack online essentials.
Actions Available for Players
The first category includes turns that users can make in any online casino or offline venue. These decisions help gamblers to reach the desired outcome, optimize odds, and boost the positive outcome probability. Here the basic options are:
- Double down. Boost the bet by 100%, get a card, and then don’t get extra cards for the entire round. The action increases the risk but can boost prizes greatly.
- Get insurance. Make another 2:1 bet that a croupier has 21. Insurance is available when the opponent’s card is A and before it gets the second one.
- Get a new card. Generally, gamblers aren’t limited with the number of hits so they can get as many cards as they want.
- Make two hands from one. It’s available when both your starting cards have the same value. Thus, you can divide them and continue with two combos.
- Finish the round without taking extra cards. Stand is the last action which means that you will not be able to get new cards. Sometimes, side bets are allowed after it.
- Finish the round without other actions, including bets. In this case, the casino will take half of your bank, not the entire bet.
Depending on the type of the chosen game, these decisions can vary. We suggest exploring rules before wagering.
When you master the basics, it may turn out that you require a blackjack strategy. Apart from various actions, strategies include side bets – extra wagers on some exotic outcomes. These bets aren’t obligatory but they can generate extra revenue or fun. Here are the possible bets:
- 21+3. A player and a croupier have hands that result in three, straight or flush.
- Bust It! The next house card leads to his/her bust.
- In Bet. A croupier has a card which value sits between two cards that a gambler has.
- Lucky Ladies. A player has cards worth of 20, initially.
- Lucky Lucky. A player and a croupier have hands that result in 19, 20 or 21.
- Match the Dealer. One or both card of a player replicates the dealer’s one.
- Perfect Pairs. A player has a pair, initially.
- Royal Match. A player has suited (including KQ) or suited and connected cards.
These bets can generate cool blackjack bonuses but they also come with extra risk. Use them wisely.
Types of Free Online Blackjack Games
It’s interesting that the majority of twenty-one variations were invented for social gambling, without real money. However, today, a lot of houses have adopted prominent versions that are already available as offline and online blackjack games. Hence, we don’t want to explore hundreds of versions from various countries and societies. But we will take a look at the famous casino-friendly types:
- 21st-Century. This California-born version has only one major difference: a draw is possible when both a player and a croupier exceed 21.
- Double Attack. This type has several liberal rules for players. The most prominent one is that gamblers can increase bets after checking the dealer’s face card.
- Double Exposure. Here, both starting cards of a dealer are visible to players. However, gamblers lose in case of a draw, can’t insure bets and can’t surrender.
- This one has benefits for gamblers, including any double down, bonuses for combos, late surrender, etc. But Spanish decks have no 10 cards!
- Super Fun. This blackjack online option is really fun as it allows splitting up to four times! Moreover, a hand of six cards with a total value of 20 always wins.
- Players in this blackjack game have two initial hands and can change second cards between them. But a dealer can draw even if he/she has 22.
And, yeah, if these games are popular in gambling venues, they also come as free titles, sometimes. You can. Especially, on online casino sites. Still, if you’re researching how different rules affect your outcomes, explore out this ultimate list.
Strategies & Tips for Online Blackjack
As we promised earlier, here’s a section with some info for gambling geeks. Want to find out how to play online blackjack easily? Read further! We don’t promise to deliver the top-rated online blackjack strategy. Still, here are some interesting options.
Generally, the world has examples of a basic approach. It represents optimal playing ways that maximize long-term RTP. To find out examples for different starting conditions, you can just find images by googling “blackjack cheat sheet” or something similar.
Secondly, there are ways to get various blackjack bonuses using your mind and skills instead of relying on luck only. This approach is known as advantage play but now it’s almost eliminated because of constant reshuffling that makes card counting impossible.
Finally, strategies always depend on the laws, variations, and cards that you have at the beginning. We suggest using cheat sheets to know what to do in different situations. Some online apps even have in-built cheat sheets, use them!
Choosing the Best Site to Play Blackjack
You may wonder where to gamble. Keep calm, we’re to answer this question right now. Actually, there are only three basic rules. Remember them to find the top-rated online facility to enjoy blackjack online:
- Visit licensed sites. These casinos are regulated by certain gambling authorities so you can find professional help in case of any issues. As well, don’t forget to check reviews in addition to official info.
- Find the preferred titles. It’s meaningless to begin playing online blackjack titles that are unclear or inconvenient for you. Instead, look for the offers you really enjoy. It’s important, especially in social/recreational gambling.
- Spot essential details. The top-rated online casino is one that has all gambling aspects under control. It should offer different convenient deposit/withdrawal methods, various rich bonuses, smooth UI/UX, mobile versions, and so on.
Online Blackjack Conclusions
Overall, blackjack betting (either real-money or free) is insanely popular in various houses. This game combines skill and luck requirements so both recreational gamblers can enjoy and professional whales can earn. Regardless of your preferred blackjack online versions, it’s easy to find suitable offers. Just be sure to deal with reputed casinos and stick to your limits. Gamble responsibly!