Talking about card and table games, it’s impossible to miss blackjack. This title is known from the early 1600s when it was described by a prominent Spanish novelist – Miguel Cervantes. From Europe, the game traveled to the USA, got a new name, and turned into a top choice for many gamblers. Nowadays, both offline and online casinos offer various versions with dozens of custom rules, bets, and payouts. Today, we want to clarify some things.
Mainly, this guide is designed for blackjack real cash lovers from Canada. It explains some basics related to local gambling regulations and the game itself. Moreover, the article helps to grasp how a regular blackjack casino works, how one can start playing, and what options are available. Surely, you will find info on choosing the best blackjack casinos. And the last section will help to answer a few common questions related to real-money blackjack.
Without further ado, let’s discover local laws and regulations!
Online Gambling Laws in Canada
First things first, it’s crucial to understand whether casino games are legal in the selected region or no. Talking about online activities, regulations are pretty vague. Note that Canada features federal-like laws in this industry, so each province can set own rules related to online blackjack games and other titles. As well, there are a few national-grade acts that regulate, ban or permit specific gambling forms.
There are two main things all Canadian players should know. Firstly, the law doesn’t prohibit online gambling and doesn’t have any penalties for users. In other words, you can freely visit any site, enjoy games, and earn. Simultaneously, it’s prohibited to provide e-gambling services if a business doesn’t have a special license. But hundreds of offshore operators and dozens of local licensed online casinos still accept bets from Canada!
So, the conclusions on the Canadian online gambling landscape are as follows:
- Players can freely gamble online, there aren’t court cases against them.
- Winnings aren’t taxable if they aren’t the main income source.
- Local casinos have to obtain licenses to provide services legally.
- Offshore casinos aren’t legal but there was only one court case against them.
Don’t be afraid that your favorite online casino will shut its doors. The thing is that Canada doesn’t want to start long and complicated litigations. Only one entity – SCI – was sued because it had servers in Vancouver. As long as offshore operators don’t interact with local authorities directly, they accept bets on blackjack real titles and other games. Further, we will mention only reputable companies that aren’t at risk, as for now.
Online Blackjack Basics for Everyone
It’s barely possible to describe all the rules and differences of the game in one article. That’s why we want to focus on a few main principles that are common for various venues and projects. Blackjack players who want to invest their real funds should know basic rules, actions, bets, and possible outcomes. Here the conclusions are:
- Gamblers compete with a house representative, not with each other.
- Game points are from 2 to 10 for numeral cards, 10 for face ones, and 1/11 for aces.
- Hands with higher values win, 21 often means an instant win, 21+ is a defeat.
- Players can stay with two cards, get more or make extra bets.
- There are actions for gamers: draw a card, stand, double the bet, split a hand into two ones, insurance against blackjack, surrender with losing 50% of the bet only.
- There are various side bets, too: on poker-like combos, starting combos, bust of the house, exact values, combined values for players and couriers, and so on.
- Two main types are American (two cards for croupiers, any double down, any split) and European blackjack (one card, no insurance, no surrender, limited bets).
Again, there are dozens of different blackjack rules and features. Apart from the mentioned types such as European blackjack, there are names like Switch with two starting hands or Spanish without tens. If you want to master the game, be sure to try different options, find the highest RTP, and stick to it to minimize losses.
Playing Blackjack Online for Real Money
When you visit online casinos to play online blackjack, they may confuse you. Often, there are dozens of titles, shiny promos, lucrative bonuses. The thing is that houses want your money so they try to trick you, legally. To keep calm, it’s important to know what to do. Especially, it’s vital for newcomers who wish to play blackjack online, without the extra stuff.
Actually, the algorithm is simple. Your first step is to find a trusted online casino with the titles you like (we will unveil how to choose top sites in the next sections). The next step is to get an account. Real-money online blackjack titles will require some initial funds deposited. Find a relevant section after registration and send the money.
Well, that was the most difficult part. After you signed up, delivered cash, and decided that you’re ready to start playing online blackjack, it’s time to dive in. Here are simple steps:
- Select your favorite game. There are tons of casino games but you will need a familiar title. Choose an offer that you like and rules that you know. It’s essential to start real-money games only when you’re ready to enjoy them.
- Remind the rules & requirements. Sometimes, developers change casino games so you should keep in touch with all the updates. Modify your blackjack strategy according to new rules, bonuses, wagering limits, and extras.
- Make the first bet. For the beginning, you can wager on the basic point – your win, tie or lose against a croupier, either a real person in a Live Dealer blackjack or a machine. As well, you can access side bets we mentioned above.
- Make actions if you want. After betting, you will be able to choose an action such as hit (get a new card), stand (stay with the initial pair), double (increase the bet) or others. Don’t forget that some actions may be blocked with blackjack rules.
- End the turn to reveal results. Finally, confirm your decisions and wait for other players or a courier to finish their actions. In classic blackjack forms, you will see the results immediately. Some innovative types allow bulk betting, though.
After the round is finished, you will see how much you’ve won or lost. Mind the house edge that shows which percentage you will lose in the long run, eventually. To maximize your winnings, you want to access the games with the lowest house edge. At the end of the day, you will be able to start a new blackjack real round or move to other titles.
Real Blackjack Tips & Tricks
Honestly, there are not too many hints for modern online blackjack games. Earlier, card counters could use their math skills to predict which cards will appear the next. But current systems in blackjack casinos apply constant reshuffling. It means that all decks, from one to eight, are reshuffled and refilled each round, making it impossible to apply a basic strategy.
Nonetheless, there are some tips that we can share with you. They relate to strategical and tactical decisions based on the classic blackjack rules, hand formations, and active bets. While there are almost no chances to cheat on casino sites, it’s surely possible to get a slight advantage because the reviewed game consists of both luck and skill aspects.
Well, here are our insights into blackjack strategy things:
- Always know why are you playing. Casino games may be cruel. That’s why you should fully realize the goal: just relax, earn a bit, or play like a pro to beat the house.
- Double down if you have 10 or 11. It’s a basic strategy that helps you to get more money. With 10 or 11, you’ll usually need only one more card, so double works fine.
- Split eights and aces if you can. In this case, you will be able to get two blackjacks in the case of two A cards or just avoid the worst hand with two 8s.
- Stand if you have from 12 to 16 and an opponent has from 2 to 6. It may seem counterintuitive but the chances are in your favor here.
- Use cheat sheets. These tables help to identify the best actions depending on current conditions and applicable rules. Each casino game features different sheets.
Please, note that all the info described above (and below, too) can’t be considered as pro online gambling suggestions. It’s for educational use only!
The Best Blackjack Sites for Canadians
There are thousands of online casinos around the globe that are open for bets from Canada. Obviously, it’s not an easy task to choose one site. It should be reliable, secure, convenient, feature-rich, friendly to newcomers or professionals (depending on your goal), and more, and more. Based on our experience, we can define the best sites open for Canadian players. These platforms almost always have online blackjack games and many other titles.
Interested? Read on!
Key Features to Look For
Initially, let’s define the selection criteria. You should understand that each online casino has its own features, advantages, and limitations. Thus, different sites suit different users. For instance, pro blackjack players should look for high-RTP real-money blackjack offers while occasional visitors may enjoy free promos and social integration.
Nevertheless, there are three crucial points that should be presented by any Canadian online casino. These things guarantee your safety and your satisfaction. If at least one of these features is missing, we’d suggest staying away from that platform. Remember that a convenient and responsible gambling experience must be provided by venues, primarily.
1. Secure and Trusted Online Operations
This point includes two equally essential aspects related to reliability. They work for all casino sites without exclusion:
- Professional and customer reviews. On the one hand, gambling regulators issue official licenses that state that online casinos are trusted. On the other hand, players themselves leave reviews that show how businesses treat their customers.
- Secure and quick banking. Apart from general security, financial systems should be flawless. A good blackjack casino must have protected channels with quick and flexible terms. At the end of the day, each player wants to know that the funds are safe.
We strongly recommend not dealing with houses that can’t ensure security on both of these levels. It’s a basic rule.
2. Smooth UI/UX for Canadian Players
The next important thing relates to the user experience. It’s clear that each reputable blackjack casino should have a seamless site without bugs, glitches, crashes, and so on. Ideally, it should be available for desktops and mobile platforms with equally high service quality. The interface also should be clear and intuitive, as well as design.
We admit the fact that a lot of American and European blackjack platforms can’t invest millions in UI/UX. They can provide good games and they can be secure, still. But we’re sure that players should respect themselves and cooperate with top-quality casinos only. Overall, a smooth interface/experience can even relieve the pain of losing.
3. Suitable Real-Money Blackjack Offers
Finally, the best blackjack casino is one that comes with the titles you want. As long as there are hundreds of variations of blackjack rules, there are many approaches to this game. And if you want to play one specific title, you should look for it. Be sure that the chosen platform has all the demanded game versions before joining in.
As well, this point includes the relevant bonus offers and promos. Blackjack real projects allow using different bonuses such as multipliers or free rounds. If you need them, look for casino sites that deliver them to users. Surely, don’t forget to check requirements and calculate possible outcomes to reveal if these promotions are suitable for your style.
The List of Trusted Casinos
It’s not a big deal to find dozens of Canadian online sites, including local licensed venues and offshore partners. But how to spot top-rated ones? Well, if the aforementioned rules and tips didn’t help you, feel free to explore the list of real-money blackjack online casinos. We’ve chosen them based on several criteria with the main focus on reputability, friendliness, and convenience. These projects are live and active as for February 2020:
- Dream Vegas.
- Royal Panda.
- Ruby Fortune.
Undoubtedly, you should conduct some extra research before choosing among these casino sites. Read reviews, study T&C sections, find more examples of trusted platforms. Remember that it’s your cash and your risk when it comes to real-money online blackjack.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Canada?
It’s totally legal for players but not for all operators. If you want to play online blackjack, you can do it freely. However, only selected blackjack casinos can provide such services. This doesn’t prevent hundreds of offshore companies to accept bets from Canada, though.
How to Start Playing for the First Time?
Generally, you should do some homework, then choose a casino, and make your first bet. On the preparation stage, read about classic blackjack rules and find a reputable platform to play at. Then, choose any suitable Canadian blackjack offer and dive in!
Which Casinos Host the Best Blackjack Titles?
In a nutshell, the best sites are ones that have a license, feature good reviews from users, work with Canadian players, and provide top-quality services. The last point includes secure betting, depositing, and withdrawing, smooth interfaces, and suitable game types.
Is It Possible to Win in Online Blackjack?
For sure, it’s possible. The question is how much you want to win. If you play blackjack online for recreational purposes and have some skills in this game, you’ll be happy with some wins. But if you want to earn a living with it, you’ll need a professional approach.
Final Thoughts on Blackjack
Concluding this huge guide, we want to focus on one crucial thing for all Canadian online gamblers: play responsibly. Gambling is a risky activity and it can ruin your life. Be sure that you know your limits, realize the risks, and have enough skills/traits to compete with casinos. Blackjack is a convenient and newcomer-friendly game as it has a lot of basic strategy tips, cheat sheets and guides. Thus, you can start and enjoy without hurdles. But don’t be deceived because casinos always win in the long run due to the house edge.
Play safe and good luck!